2.28.2001

Shame on me for not being able to find time to post since almost 2 weeks ago? I mean -- ! -- shame on me!! That being said...

Who's more annoying?

After watching Dubya's first address to a joint session of Congress, I can't make up my mind if his smug cheerleading (a la Ronnie) good-old-boy (a la daddy, AKA Dubya, Sr) style is as bad as Cokie Roberts, who I can't even listen to anymore. And she's looking more like a grizzled veteran male journalist every month. Yow! -- how old is that pic??

Since that observation, I'm sure, pretty much kills my chances of ever working in public radio, we may as well drive the stake home -- it's almost enough to drive one to alternative sources of news.

[ The Band expects to catch some shit from feminists for that. But -- faced with either catching shit or breaking its policy of being an equal opportunity poster of links, the choice was clear. Remaining true to its First Amendment roots, it opted for the latter. And we'll still cook for you gals, any day of the week. ]

You're not just slipping...

...into a shoe. You're slipping into a slice of fleece-lined heaven.

No crap -- actual descriptive text from The Sportsman's Guide. No wonder it calls itself, "the fun to read catalog," by way of a banner graphic on the cover, which is actually trademarked! Fancy that.

What are they thinking?

Teens. Not as scary as you think, and pretty hip to how advertisers attempt to manipulate them and their tastes. Again brings to mind Faith Popcorn.

Belated Wishes

Happy Mardi Gras, and a blessed purple lent to all of you.

No comments: