12.21.2000

Well. It seems that nothing exacerbates a case of chronic S.A.D. like a good old-fashioned cold, with a sudden onset. I mean, one minute I'm having lunch and the next I'm feeling 85% of my energy drain out of my pores, temperature high and variable, achey, congested -- you know the drill.

I don't know what's worse -- the cold itself, or people telling me I don't look happy, or people seeming to be annoyed with me because I have a cold. Annoyed as in impatient, like -- "oh, hurry up and get over it so we can be jolly again." The cold makes me unhappy, and people getting impatient with me makes me more unhappy. It's as if they think I just woke up in an otherwise fabulous mood, looked in the mirror and said, "Well now! How's'about I try to make everyone around me miserable today! Yeah! There's an idea!" Or, "Hey -- everyone seems to be in the holiday mood! -- now, what can I do to get in on it??.....hmmmm......I know! -- I'll get a cold so everyone can treat me like I'm some kind of party-pooper! Yippee!" 'Cuz -- oh boy -- does that ever sound like me. I'd be a liar if I didn't admit that I kinda resent it.

I realize my sarcasm doesn't help matters. (However, the folks at Suck have managed to make careers out of sarcasm. Go figure.)

It certainly doesn't bring me any closer to feeling better.

Don't know if this will help take your mind off your troubles or just direct it to other topics. Either way, TBH recommends Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do by Peter McWilliams. Enjoy.

No comments: