12.13.2000

    Flash: While it certainly sounds like we've wrapped up this election, we apparently still haven't wrapped up this election, although it certainly sounds like we have.


Hi. RT's been beezy, hence the lack of activity here. Spun in long enough yesterday to change the colours and the font size, because the band kept whining about how neither was up to bitchin' standards. And I fixed a typo somewhere down below (we don't make spelling mistakes, mind you, though we have been known to make typos with Religious Abandon) that I somehow missed before. And I was able, in my short time here, to totally lose a somewhat lengthy and extremely amusing post, courtesy of the Anti-DemiBlogs, or whoever -- either way, *major* pita (that would be "pain in the ass," though I'm sure I don't need to explain that, given how downright unfashionable it has become to be acronymically-challenged).

So, meet the new look. I can't stay because I gotta go to This Year's VBRALAF Office Holiday Party (substitute "Voluntary-but-Required-Attendance Lame-Assed Fucking" for the preceding acronym -- and, no, you don't lose any points for not knowing that one -- Editor). Lame-assed because it's scheduled for a Tuesday afternoon from 3:30 to 5 pm -- not to mention that any so-called party where bullshit office protocol dictates that you are required to attend is more work than party, thank you. Tough to beat that for lameness. It will, however, provide me with an excuse to get out of this office, which right now is situated such that I can clearly overhear some youngster out on the street screaming his little lungs out.

Kids, it occurs to moi, are often terribly unhappy.

Bye for now -- and, please, remember -- while TBH and its management take what they believe to be no less than a progressive attitude towards gratuitous profanity, the line is clearly drawn at public displays of fascism.

No comments: